Roger Foodbelly's Fan Box

Roger Foodbelly on Facebook

Thursday, December 28, 2006

Hello, is this thing on?

Let me start by introducing myself. My name is Jan Jacob, and I have been introduced by Atle a few days ago, who has bestowed upon me the titles of 2nd project leader and co-writer, but don't believe everything he says about me. Unless he says that I am a genius, very handsome, romantic, and that I like long walks on the beach (ladies, you may e-mail me now).

With that out of the way, I do indeed help out on this project, by squeezing ideas out of my mind and into this wonderful game, Roger Foodbelly. I am loving every minute of it, even though it can be trying at times. In fact, making a game can be hazardous to your health, and should only be attempted by special people like the ones who are working on this project. If you are still determined to make your own game, then don't say I didn't warn you... by means of a poem, no less!

Making a game is very hard
Harder than eating frozen lard
Than teaching a rhino to dance
Or making a statue of bronze

Harder than pieces of diamond
Than running around Loch Lomond
with a weight tied around your neck
and two elephants right on your back

Than boiling a dinosaur egg
Or drinking beer straight from the keg
Or pulling a pirate's peg leg
while reading a bi-weekly mag

Then why persevere, you say
And very well you may
I have but one answer:
My rhino's a dancer

He and I run around Loch Lomond each day
and then we sculpt dinosaur eggs out of clay
We drink ale, wine and beer,
keelhaul a buccaneer

And we still have free time
to make us this rhyme
So creating a game
is to us... rather tame

No comments: